Department: Technical Support Office
Location: Memphis, TN
Reporting to: Technical Services Manager
Live Out Your Passion - Start Your Career Today With an Automotive Industry Leader
Our in-house, technical support department has immediate openings for full-time Product Support & Sales Technicians. This position has very well-defined advancement opportunities and is ideal for a career-minded candidate that wants to build a rewarding career in the performance automotive industry with a stable, privately owned organization.
The primary job duties are to help fellow enthusiasts by providing exceptional technical support, customer service, and product sales via phone, email, and digital channels. Outgoing personality, professional work ethic, strong communication skills, and customer-service focus are a “must”. Candidates will need to be able to work in a fast-paced call center-type environment; limited travel required to enthusiast events.
• Pleasant, friendly, professional business work ethic, good work and communication skills, both verbal and written, including basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook)
. • Requires basic mechanical, automotive-related experience, aptitude and/or skills.
• Full-time position with hours that will vary between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. CST - Monday through Friday, with an occasional Saturday required. Occasional weekend work providing sales/technical support at various trade/race events around the country (travel by automobile & airplane) both during the week and weekends.
• Minimum of a high school diploma and a good driving record required; college degree, motorsports experience or automotive mechanical knowledge a plus.
• Ability to provide product information, recommendations and troubleshoot problems with customers, as well as make the sale when appropriate.
• Able to speak clearly and concisely to both individuals and large groups, handle customer requirements including problem solving in a professional business manner.
• In-depth product training will be provided on Valve Train, Drivetrain, Fuel Injection & Electronics, Nitrous Oxide Systems, Cylinder Heads and all other COMP Performance Group TM product lines. Prior knowledge is not required - only a strong interest & desire to learn.
Very competitive compensation package that includes performance incentives. Benefits for full-time employees include medical insurance, retirement plan and paid vacations/holidays. Pre-employment drug screening and background check required.