Distribution Associate - Maintenance Mechanic
Installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, and physical structures. Perform carpentry, minor electrical, mechanical, and other related work involved in maintaining the building on operational efficiency. Keep accurate documents and records of inspections and preventive maintenance in accordance with all OSHA related guidelines and facility programs with a high emphasis on safety. Schedule, work with, and provide guidance to all vendors / contractors that perform services to the facility.
- Maintain building, grounds and contents in a safe and secure manner.
- Maintain and repair physical structure of the facility providing a safe working environment.
- Install, perform and/or schedule repairs and required preventive maintenance to maintain a safe operation for all machinery and equipment.
- Install & assist changing PIT batteries.
- Ensure all contractors and vendors comply with the company Contractor Safety Program.
- Assist in obtaining quotes, pricing, approvals and place orders for products / services relating to the project / job.
- Oversee the machines and process.
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for pre-maintenance check on all equipment and machinery.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Operates hand and powered tools to repairs, building, and dismantle product, machines, parts, etc.
- Assist in spill cleanup requirement.
- Perpetual Safety Team member. Assisting when applicable with monthly safety presentations.
- Assist in Safety Team, including daily / weekly / monthly inspections.
- Participate in OSHA related facility program reviews when requested.
- Ability to operate a powered industrial truck in a safe manner, including training (certification) of associates.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and hourly employees, including internal and external vendors, employees, etc.
- Completes special assignments given by Management.
High school diploma/GED equivalent or general education degree, with 2 – 5 years’ experience in maintenance and/or repair. To include functional expertise through experience and/or education in:
- OSHA 10 or 30 hour training course
- Train the trainer in Powered Industrial Truck
- Basic maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical systems.
- Powered Industrial Truck (PIT), operation of powered and hand tools.
- Must be able to work overtime on short notice, as needed.
Competencies in following areas:
- OSHA Compliance
- Rapid Continuance Improvement
- Verbal, Written and Electronic Communication
- Time management / delegation
- Company programs / policies
- Company computer system and PC ability.
- Aligned with “Who We Are”
- Budget minded and customer oriented
Physically must be able to:
- Read, write, speak English
- Properly lift up to 50 lbs., push / pull 100-200 lbs.
- Use fingers and hands; reach with hands and arms.
- Often stand, walk, push, pull, stoop, crouch and kneel.
- Occasionally balance, climb up/down stairs, crawl or sit.
- Ability to use a computer terminal.
Snap-on is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran